You’ve probably been using Q-tips for years to clean out your ears, but did you know there are safer, more effective options? “Smart swabs,” or ear wax removal tools, are available for this purpose. If you’ve never tried products like these, you’re missing out on having the cleanest ears possible. Here are ten of the best smart swab cleaners on the market today:
Ezy Dose Ear Cleaner
Clinere Ear Cleaners
|CHECK ON AMAZON||CHECK ON AMAZON||CHECK ON AMAZON|
SMART SWAB Spiral Ear Cleaner
Smart Swab is probably the brand name that comes to mind when you think about ear cleaning products. Smart Swab has its own patented technology to help you get rid of your earwax fast. They offer a safer, smarter way to clean out your ears. The company suggests using this product once or twice a week.
- Easy to use
- Designed for safety
- Not suitable for children
Related: Best Wet Wipes of 2020
Clearoo Ear Wax Removal Endoscope
The Clearoo tool offers a unique feature: connectivity to your smartphone. With the video streaming to your phone, you can easily see what you are cleaning. While designed for use in your ears, this product can also be used to check up on your mouth and nose!
- 1080P HD video
- Multiple uses
- Compatible with both Android and IOS
- 30-day battery like
- Silicone with various angles of tilt
- More expensive than other cleaning tools
- Can be challenging to set up the app on your phone
Clinere Ear Cleaners
These cleaners are made from recycled plastic. This is a very straightforward and simple product designed to clean out your excess ear wax. This is a quick and easy solution for someone who doesn’t want to spend much time or money to get cleaner ears.
- Inexpensive and effective
- Reuseable, but cost-efficient if you don’t want to wash them after each use
- Gentle and flexible
- Made in the USA
- Some users find these to be more painful than other alternatives
Ear Wax Vacuum
Boasting “super suction,” this vacuum-style ear wax remover does exactly what it claims. Its ergonomic design guarantees that it is easy and comfortable to use. The soft silicone tips are designed to provide you with maximum comfort. It is incredibly lightweight, perfect for on the go.
- Great suction for cleaning ear wax
- Convenient for use anywhere
- Soft and safe: arrives sterilized
- Low-quality plastic design
- The high-powered motor can be loud
- Not recommended for young children
Related: 10 Best Glass Water Bottles
BEBIRD Otoscope Ear Wax Removal Tool
Truly wireless, this cleaner makes it easy to remove all of the unwanted stuff from your ears. Equipped with LED lights and the option to link the camera to a smartphone, this otoscope is one of the most advanced on the market. It is also one of the most expensive; you get what you pay for.
- Can be used for different applications
- Kid and pet friendly
- Medical grade, comfortable silicone
- Includes 17 attachments
- Higher cost compared to similar items
Q Grips Ear Wax Remover Ear Cleaner
With their flexible spiral design, Q Grips are made to be comfortable and easy to use. This kit is great for personal use or as a small gift for family and friends (although they might believe that you think they have an ear wax problem!) These are an affordable alternative to using cotton swabs.
- Comes with 16 replacement heads and a protective case
- Safe for the whole family
- Silicone heads aren’t quite long enough for some users
- The hard plastic handle can be painful if you go a little too deep
Ezy Dose Ear and Ear Wax Cleaner
This cleaner is a little different from the rest of the list. Users that don’t enjoy using the smart swab style tools usually go for one of these instead. Practical and easy to use, this is an excellent alternative to the other options.
- Low price
- Safety guard to prevent ear damage
- Works for those who have problems with other styles of tools
- Can be uncomfortable, as you are squirting liquid into your ears
Mexitop Spiral Ear Wax Removal Tool
Made from food-grade silicone, the Mextitop ear wax remover is designed to safely and effectively clean out your ears. This kit also comes with “ear spoons” to help clean wax that builds up in the shallow areas of your ears (these are not to be inserted into the ear.)
- Comes with three different sized tips
- Each piece comes with a storage compartment
- Easy to clean
- The heads can fall off (they do not screw in)
- The handle can crack easily
CHARMINER Ear Wax Removal Kit
This is a battery-powered take on the classic ear cleaning tool. It’s not only designed to pull all of the nasty stuff out of your ears, but it also disposes all of the gunk into a separate compartment. This kit is easy to use, and the battery-operated vacuum can easily take on your ear wax.
- Average like of 300,000 hours
- Contains two sizes of heads (1 for children and 1 for adults)
- Made of soft elastic for comfort
- The suction can be too weak for some users
Beautivity Earwax Remover
With their pain-free and easy to use design, this kit from Beautivity is an excellent mid-priced option. It’s easy to see why this is a fan-favorite with its soft, flexible spiral tips that help clean out the toughest of spots. This kit includes 16 washable replacement heads.
- Sturdy handle design
- Can be used on the whole family
- Well-constructed storage case
- A little pricier than a typical smart swab product
What Is a Smart Swab?
Over the years, smart swab has become somewhat of a genericized trademark (like how many of us call tissues “Kleenex” regardless of the brand) for ear wax removal tools. With their original design and simple, practical uses, smart swabs offer a better way to achieve the cleanest ears possible. With this guide, we make it easy to find the product that will work the best for you. Choose what fits your lifestyle the best, and be ready to enjoy wax-free hearing!
Related: 10 Best EDC Flashlights of 2020